Welcome to the Red Lion at Cotherstone. CAMRA Good Beer Guide Entry.

LocAles, craft ciders, open fires, beer garden, darts & dominoes.

We sell craft ciders, real ales, cask beers & bitters from local craft micro brewers. Always stocking, Yorkshire Dales Brewing Company - Butter Tubs, Golden Best Bitter & Aysgarth Falls, Blonde Ale.

We’re situated 4 miles from Barnard Castle and 6 miles from Middleton-in-Teesdale in the historic North Riding of Yorkshire.

Please browse through our pages and discover some of the charms of this cracking little pub set in the heart of Teesdale.

Important Customer Notice


Important Customer Notice from the Red Lion, Cotherstone

Following strong government advice to avoid gatherings in smaller public places, I have taken the not so difficult decision to temporarily suspend trading at the Red Lion. The health and safety of our community must reside over any of my economic concerns or selfishness. 

We’re a close group of friends in the Red; more in fact, I’d say you are all part of my extended family. We need to look out for each other during these uncertain times and through adversity we will find the best in ourselves. 

The Red Lion is strongly positioned; on the back of a solid previous financial year, government support and through adopting my usual fiscal approach, (tight git!) there should be no concerns with a period of dormancy.
  
At this moment I cannot advise or foresee when the pub will reopen, this is an unprecedented situation that is quickly evolving. I will continue to follow our government’s advice and act within the best interests of our society. Today is not the day for half measures or interpretation we must all play our part in helping safeguard life.      

My thoughts and best wishes go out to everyone, be considerate and selfless. If I can help anyone in anyway please don’t hesitate to call, I’m only a phone call away.


Richard
07871 865118
redlion.redlion@outlook.com